Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ask Chris - Do I Need to Tear Off My Old Roof If I'm Re-Roofing with Metal??

Q. I know we’re going to need a new roof soon, but I’m worried about tearing off my existing roof in the winter. Will that definitely be necessary?

A. Probably not if you upgrade to metal. Metal roofs typically weigh less than half the weight of disposable roofs like asphalt shingles or wood shakes. Most of the metal shingles, shakes and tiles are specifically designed for installation over existing materials, so the odds are very good that choosing a beautiful new metal roof to replace what you currently have will entail a small amount of preparation and an installation directly over top. And then you can enjoy the other benefits of a quality metal roof, for many, many years to come. Call or visit our website for more information about this topic and others.

No comments: