Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ask Chris: How Can I Upgrade My Roof Without Breaking the Bank?

Q. My house is nearly 20 years old and my roof regularly loses shingles during high winds. I'm told I can patch it, but that's what the neighbors did and it looks awful. I'd like to replace what we have with something better, but I'm worried about the cost. Is there an upgrade I can make without breaking the bank?

A. Definitely. If you're planning to stay in your home and a new roof is on the agenda this year, take a look at the new metal shakes and shingles now available. Not only are they the best possible choices for high wind areas, but they're also made of recycled materials so they're very green. They're also lightweight and designed for installation over most existing roof materials. The biggest benefit of all is that the newest designs are surprisingly affordable. They won't cost much more than it will to strip off and replace your old asphalt roof and can sometimes even cost less! In these times when value and longevity are more important than ever, metal looks are looking better and better. Visit our Web site for more free information or give us a call today to learn more about your re-roofing options.

No comments: